Thursday 18 June 2015

So why am I still away and keen to go further?

Human, as well as many other organisms, is able to adapt to environment she/he happens to be in. I've been "abroad" and away from what I call my home for about 20 months now and I am quickly getting used to it. Although it's different, one can recognise the similar life patterns without much difficulty. Because of the different situations I expose myself to I think I can manage the moment of surprise better than before.
A good friend of mine asked me why I don't start doing something more serious or important for my future existence... Now, I really think that what I am doing at this moment IS very important for creating the better future. How?
It is a great course of learning all along the way and let me list some particular examples:
I have now twice boarded a sailing vessel and sailed about 3000 nautical miles(a whole month spent on open sea), apart from learning a lot about sailing and navigation I have also learned a lot about the boat chores, maintenance, safety and more...
Thanks to a friend on Gran Canaria I trained and qualified for a basic scuba diving licence and I have also started to surf.
I got several opportunities to work with wood which added up to my carpentry skills and I enjoy working with wood more than I thought.
Spanish is not Greek to me anymore, neither is salsa but there so much more to learn...
I have started planting trees and learning about reforestation, Permaculture and now I know that it's what I want to dedicate my life to.
I helped cultivating organic coffee and mushrooms among others and I looked after farms during their owners' absence.
I have seen and examined a small scale biodigestor and also self-studied the ways it's built and potential outcomes, processes involved, etc.
I have improved my English teaching techniques and gained some precious experience.
I am building a dry compost toilet from scratch, implementing my skill and knowledge plus learning new and experimenting.
I am building up my observation skills as well as the ability to listen instead of speaking.
I climbed my first 5.12C / 7B+ knowing that I can push harder but I began trad-climbing and have already lead and protected several easier grade routes...
A potato gets green because it was growing close to the surface - some light gets through - induced photosynthesis - chlorophyll - green colour.
MDMA is, after Nivea, the most distasteful thing I have ever tried.

And a lot more...

It's my own course, my own university and I hope to graduate from it too and start my postgrad!

No comments:

Post a Comment